About the job
Why does this position exist?
We’re a growing technology company, going after a huge market and tackling difficult to solve problems. It’s quite exciting. We have to be focused, efficient, and constantly improving. And we need someone really smart, ambitious and creative to guide our sales team. It’s a big job and we’re a lean team, so it’s not without challenges. The sales machine you build will be a huge factor in our success. This is the engine for our growth. Sounds interesting?
Who you are:
First and foremost, you are excited about the problem our solution solves. You believe in our mission and recognize the value we bring to our customers. Secondly, you’re excited about helping us build a great company and world-class revenue organization. Your contributions will be a huge part of it.
And of course, you’ve got the skills and willingness to get things done. We don’t expect you to know everything about everything. Come equipped with the right foundation, the willingness to learn and adapt, and the ambition to grow your skills quickly, and you’ll do great. We will support you and make sure you thrive.
You’re collaborative. You’re humble. You’re a coach. Entitlement and negativity is not in your DNA. You enjoy winning with your team. Lastly, you’re scrappy and love to get your hands dirty. Does this sound like you?
Who we are:
Our vision is to create a world where any company can deliver exceptional customer success. We provide a comprehensive suite of tools for Customer Success teams to glean insights about their customers, prioritize their work, and put the right tactics in action to drive retention. Leveraging UserIQ, the CS team has everything they need to fight churn, grow accounts, and focus all their energy on making customers successful.
The best companies care deeply about making their customers successful. This is our passion and we work with Customer Success leaders who are equally passionate about maximizing every user moment.
Vice President of Sales
Leading our sales team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring UserIQ provides a consistent & exceptional buying experience for our customers. This includes building and managing the necessary pipeline to achieve our revenue targets, coaching team members, motivating the team to overachieve and monitoring KPIs closely to make data-based decisions.
You’ll also work closely with Marketing, Customer Success and Product to ensure alignment across the various functional areas.
VP of Sales responsibilities:
● Hire, develop, and lead a team of Sales Development Reps & Account Executives.
● Drive performance with unique & exceptional buying experience.
● Manage KPI’s to ensure the team & each rep is well positioned for consistent and long term success.
● Understand and assess the capabilities, motivators, and career goals of each team member. Create an energetic and winning sales culture.
● Provide ongoing coaching, 1:1 and for the team, to improve their performance and support their career path(s).
● Drive pipeline by leading our team of high performing account executives to meet and exceed sales quotas to hit revenue targets.
● Mentor and coach the sales team by analyzing quantitative metrics as well as live product demos and recorded call reviews to improve productivity.
● Assist account executives in closing sales with good-fit prospects.
● Achieve and exceed monthly quotas while maintaining required activity metrics.
● Utilize our tech stack to maximize sales effectiveness & KPI reporting.
● Maximize deal velocity by identifying and removing friction points in the funnel.
● 3-5 years managing sales teams, preferably in SaaS or software industry.
● 5+ years experience in sales as a high performing individual contributor, preferably in the B2B software or technology industry.
● Demonstrated record of hitting hiring and pipeline targets.
● Demonstrated ability to coach others and lead by example.
● You possess strong analytical chops and a structured way of thinking.
● Ability to plan daily and weekly activity, monitor performance, measure results, motivate the team, and take constructive coaching actions with individual performers when needed.
● Familiarity with SalesForce, SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, InsightSquared, Sales Navigator is preferred.
Atlanta preferred but remote is open for consideration.
Sound like the perfect fit for you or someone you know?